2016년 6월 7일

Are There No Railroad Connection Between Thailand and Myanmar?

Before reading this one, please be informed I am not English speaker, so there may be some or serious grammatical errors or awkward expressions. Your kind advice to correct them shall be highly appreciated.

*
It's been more than a month since I have settled in Chiang Mai.
This city is definitely nice and lovely which made me stay here forever.
I can bet this city is way so Thai than Bangkok.

My wanderlust (loving travel), however, never let me settle down here.
I found myself to search to visit Myanmar recently.

<Chiang Mai with my buddies>

**
Traveling without flight is a very cranky dream for some travelers like I.
This is not only for budget issue (and these days lots of cheap flights are available over the world), but also 'tracking back' the history where the track is built.

Once you take the train, you can't change the route because the locomotive must run on the track. This gives you a 'control variable' in your free trip. 
Some wanderlusts like me love to travel with this controlled factor. 
It is like, writing a sonnet is sometimes better than writing a normal poem.
Do you agree with this? :)

<A Tree and A Happy girl> 


***
Backing to the topic, I found out there are NO ANY RAILROAD CONNECTION btw Chiang Mai and any cities in Myanmar. 
I have asked many of local friends, they told me to take bus or plane. :(

It is 2107km border length Myanmar and Thai. (http://www.myanmar-embassy-tokyo.net/about.htm)

The length is probably  longer than most of countries' whole border length.


<The long border line btw Myanmar and Thai>

I wondered why, then found 3 hypothesis.


****

1. Geographical reason

<Topographic map of Thailand and its boundary>

Just very simply, the railroad is not suitable on hilly land.
we can find on the map the border between Myanmar and Thai are very mountainous so that they might not be able to, nor not necessary to build track there.


2. Diplomatic reason

Reading the history of Indochina peninsula is very interesting, but not well-known. Myanmar and Thai have been fought 

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기